William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "mike wilson"
Subject: Re: Another firm believe shattered

I have to say that I am suprised by the number of people on here who have had a similar experience to you. Maybe list members are more exploratory of their camera's capabilities than other users and find these things out. Certainly, if I had wavered in my belief that the present range of DSLRs does not fit my requirements, I would have been quite put off purchase by the number of failure tales that have arisen.

Most of the camera failures I have read about could have been caused by one bad battery cell. The istD is twitchy about battery power, but seems reliable enough otherwise.

I would agree that many of the _problems_ seem to be associated with power supply. But the _failures_, necessitating camera return/repair, seem to be quite high.

My _impression_ (which is what most of us have - if I was really anal about it I would have logged this) is that out of, say, sixty users, there have been about six (at least) return/repairs. That seems quite high to me. Anyone care to poll on the matter?

Mine has proven itself more reliable than two of my LX's on time between service, and has proven more reliable than all three combined on number of exposures between service.

William Robb