mike wilson wrote:

> I would agree that many of the _problems_ seem to be
> associated with power supply.  But the _failures_,
> necessitating camera return/repair, seem to be quite high.
>
> My _impression_ (which is what most of us have - if I was
> really anal about it I would have logged this) is that out
> of, say, sixty users, there have been about six (at least)
> return/repairs.  That seems quite high to me.  Anyone care to
> poll on the matter?

I bet there are many more than 60 out here now. The only problem I've had
with mine, was down to the nicads finally on their way out. The other thing
to note is how many exposures there are taken between problems. I know I've
shot way way more with the ist D than with a film camera, and the more I use
it the more impressed I am with it.

Malcolm