On Nov 2, 2005, at 11:55 PM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

There were some messages a while back about the battery charge warning
indicator on the istDS. Didn't have the camera then so I didn't pay much
attention.

Earlier today I noticed the indicator was at half. Turned off the camera for a while as I wasn't snapping any pix, about 1/2 hour later turned the camera on again, indicator was at full. After a few snaps it was at 1/2
again.

Does this behavior suggest that it's time to replace the bats, or something
else.

They're getting used up. Be sure to have a spare set of batteries in your bag, you'll need them soon. Run what's in there until they go dry.

One of the things I was doing today was experimenting with trap focus. I caught a few pix of cars coming and going. Godfrey, I think when we were trying out the technique on Friday you were wondering if a car could be
caught with the technique.  It seems that it can.

:-)
Oh, I knew it could catch a car in motion. The question is just how fast it will make the exposure once the car enters the trap focus zone.

Godfrey