Hi David,

I've not experienced that problem.  However, I rarely turn the camera off.
I'm not used to doing that, so it's left on and shuts down by itself after
some predetermined amount of time.  I do this because, as I said, I'm not
used to turning cameras on and off, but also because I want the camera to
be more ready for shooting.  I don't have to remember to turn it on when I
want to make a few shots.  Perhaps not turning the camera off would be a
solution.  You really don't want to ruin an important or meaningful shot.

Shel
"You meet the nicest people with a Pentax"

[...]