Hmm. Honestly, I'd go for an MX over an LX but then I always preferred the Nikon FM/FE over the F2-3 as well (except for the hp viewfinder). In truly low light, I never bother with the meter ... I use a Kodak Pocket Photo Guide with its table of available light exposure suggestions. :-)

But I really really like the DA14 on the DS.

Godfrey