Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We're past due for a new poll, aren't' we?  So what's your favorite
> film, and why?  Give us details, such as which films you use for what
> subjects.  Or do you use certain films with certain lenses or cameras?

Kodak Elite Color 200 (ex Supra): the finest grain I've ever seen with a
colour negative film. Scans great, too. Incredible shadow detail. Pity
they don't make it as rollfilm.

Agfa Optima 200: my favourite rollfilm for industrial night shots. Needs
far less tweaking after scanning than Kodak Portra.

Kodak Portra 160VC: great general-purpose medium-format film. Finer
grain that the Optima. Yes, I do prefer the VC over the NC. If I find
there is too much saturation I can always reduce it after scanning,
without an increase in noise. Cranking up the saturation from an NC scan
will inevitably lead to higher noise.

Konica 750IR: while stocks last. Still keeping a bunch of it in the
freezer.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de