On 11/24/05, Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Amen!
>

> We're past due for a new poll, aren't' we?  So what's your favorite
> film, and why?  Give us details, such as which films you use for what
> subjects.  Or do you use certain films with certain lenses or cameras?
>  Etc.

Okay, seriously:

Tri-X.

I like the look, especially in my Leica.  There's just something about
that film with my (only Leica lens) 40mm Summicron C:  it's nicely
contrasty, a bit of grain (but not too much), but still sharp (believe
it or not).  It's just got a "look".

Of course, I like it with my other lenses as well.

I also like that it's steeped in tradition, that it has a history.  I
don't know why that should matter, but it does.

It's so freaking flexible.  I can push it to 1600 if I have to, and
get acceptable results (it's not my first choice if I need 1600 film,
but sometimes in a pinch, it's all I have).  I haven't tried it, but
I've heard it's quite nice exposed at 320 (apparently HCB did that
quite often) or 200, as well.

One of the great (if not the greatest) films of all time, IMHO.

cheers,
frank