That may be true, Apple buys the panels from an outside vendor of course, but I'll bet the electronics driving the display panel are different. That's not to say the Dell is better or worse.

There's more to a monitor than simply the tube or display panel itself. Sometimes the rest of the package is just as important. Apple's displays are well known to be held to very tight, high quality standards. That's why they sell at a premium price.

Godfrey