There is no "green button" on the *ist.  That means non-A lenses have
metering only for  the widest aperture.  I simply discovered the ease
of using screw mount lenses with this camera.  I'm fairly happy at
this point.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com

--
"You have to hold the button down" -Arnold Newman