For my part, I was extremely polite and business like. I think it was the lack of 'official sounding' wording that led to the questions people had (the word copyright was never used) and the fact that the request came second hand (albeit through Frank :-) )

Tom C.

From: Aaron Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Pentax Wants Your Digital Pix
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 21:53:13 -0500

not proactively provide what would be considered fairly normal information

The original message clearly stated their intended use -- for a slide show to run at trade shows. It explicitly said that the images would not be used on their website or in print ads.

Marco is a close personal friend of mine and asked me if I thought the membership of the PDML would allow Pentax Canada to use a few images so that they could get rid of the boring, standard sample pictures they have in their slide show. I said that I thought they might, but directed him to Frank since I hadn't been active here for years.

I'll just say that the nature of some of the responses sent to Marco really surprised and embarrassed me.

-Aaron