From a total stranger, claiming to represent a corporate entitiy, 3rd hand.

It was handled in a manner that in normal business terms would be deemed "unprofessional". The PUG operates in a more professional manner.

If a personal aquaintance of mine (which I realize Marco was to some) came and made the request it would be one thing. But this was to be used by a large corporate entity, in an effort to market their products, I would assume, on numerous occasions. I'm not sure I would call that a casual photo display.

If this was not Pentax Canada, but another entity making a similar request, would the reactions be the same?

Tom C.

From: Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Pentax Wants Your Digital Pix
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:38:53 -0500

"John Forbes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I think you should also recognise that the whole thing was badly handled,

I for one don't think it was badly handled. It was handled pretty much
as I'd expect a casual photo display to be done, presented without
promise of payment or request for copyrights, just for entertainment
value and fun. Heck, one of the reasons I had no qualms about it from
the word go was that there *wasn't* any legalese and "fine print"
involved. Anyone who didn't want to participate could have simply
ignored the whole thing.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing