> From: Bob Shell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> > That whole part of Kent is also something of a refuge for
> bizarre old
> > customs. The great English photographer Tony Ray-Jones
> squeezed a lot
> > of mileage out of it; he took some of his best photos in and around
> > Rochester.
>

> Interesting.  I found the place completely uninspiring
> photographically.  Admittedly I was only there once for a few hours.
>
> Bob

Must...res...ist...

Nope, can't do it...

Perhaps that's the difference between a great photographer and the rest of
us!

Here are some of TRJ's photos. Unfortunately, none from Rochester, but
you'll recognise Brighton in some of them, and there are plenty from other
parts of Kent:

http://nmpft.memoryprints.com/browse.php?new_range_start=17&page=2&new_nav_r
ange_start=2&nav_start=1

Bob