This one time, at band camp, Leon Altoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The salesman looked a bit shocked when he went in but was smiling when
> he came out and said that the car would be ready on Wednesday.

I had a similar experience myself, I walked into a local BMW dealer to purchase
new MZ-3 (Australian name). I was casually dressed and stood in the
reception/showroom
for about 25 mins whilst staff just walked by me. Nobody even said "good
morning".

I left and purchased a Porsche 944, cash, instead . (entry level porsche)
I related this to a friend who owns a tyre dealership and he subsiquently knew
the
owner of the BMW dealer ship and told him of my lack of service and was
immediately
on the phone to me. Too late I told him....

Even in a suit I still look rather scruffy around the edges, but this should not
have sales staff pre-judging a book. And irrespective of how one dressed, this
should
not determine the level of service one gets.

Kind regards
Kevin