I really despair of salesmen.

Normally I do also.

My $.02 on the matter. <rather long>

Last year I got a post card from Porsche U.S HQ, in Atlanta, inviting me to drop by my nearest Porsche dealer to sample their latest offering. I called the local, advised the guy that answered the phone of the postcard & asked when I could come by to test drive. He told me any time. I never identified myself. I showed up a few days later, spoke to the guy that answered the phone, we chatted for a few minutes & then he asked which Porsche I'd like to sample. He went out back & returned with that vehicle. He placed a temp plate on it, showed me how to operate the top & gave me the keys. I asked if he was going to come with me, he said no - he was going to lunch, I said you're going to turn me loose with this vehicle just like that? He hesitated & then said oh yeah, I guess I need to make a copy of your license - up to this point he only knew me as Ken. I told him I didn't know how long I'd be with the car (it was around 1:30pm) & he replied that the dealership would be closing 6:00pm.

I returned an hour later, handed him back the keys & told him I'd be in touch. (I knew then & there I was going to purchase a version of the car I had just driven). Two weeks later I returned with my wife & drove another vehicle. Returned & proceeded to place an order. He took my order & proceeded to give me his opinion on several of the options I requested - some he recommended & some he advised against.

He placed my order with the factory & advised me weekly of the status.
I was so impressed with his handling of this matter that I gave him a bottle of wine at delivery of the car in appreciation.

This almost makes up for the countless car sales jerks I've dealt with over the years.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Francis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Interesting marketing