On Apr 28, 2006, at 5:22 AM, graywolf wrote:

And then, the house I had the negatives and prints from my serious photography period stored at burned down. With digital media it is easy to have copies in two or more locations.

Yes, one set of my DVD backups is stored offsite for this very reason.

I was originally planning to rely on the DVDs as my hard drive maxed out, but when the time came I just couldn't bear the thought of deleting the files so I bought a big external FireWire drive.

So far I'm only about 25% of the way through scanning my slides so if the house burns down I'll still be SOL, but there's far worse that can happen to me than the loss of a few pictures.

- Dave