Metz 60CT series flashes also have a motor drive setting that keeps up
at 5fps, but not with as much grunt as a Norman I'd guess.  Mine will
deliver 7 metres at f2 with ISO400 at the normal reflector setting.
According to the Mecamat 60-30 sensor that's about equal to 1/64 power.
In theory 1/32 should recycle in under 0.2sec but that assumes the
capacitor's recharge curve is a straight line, and it probably isn't.

FWIW I got my 60CT-1 in the early '80s when they were new to the market,
and for a long time (perhaps still?) Metz 60s were regarded as THE
handle mount flashgun to have when power and auto-exposure both
mattered.  And it didn't hurt that owners of 45CT-*s would turn green
with envy when you could just keep hitting the shutter release with nary
a care for recycling times.

But my prime reason for getting a brute flashgun was to achieve daylight
fill flash over a reasonable distance at the modest x-synch of older FP
shutters.  I suspect it is cheaper to increase the power of the flashgun
than it is to make fast X-synching FP shutters, but for better or worse
the manufacturers have decided to throw OUR money down the latter road.
Perhaps it is more profitable for them to value-add the camera than it
is to value-add their flashguns, or risk letting a 3rd party
manufacturer like Metz or Braun or Sunpak take the sale (and profit)
from them.

Regards,
Anthony Farr