On 8/24/06 4:14 AM, "Dario Bonazza", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is the time interval considered for market shares in the table
> published there?
>
> Since the K100D is there, it shouldn't be a long time. However, it is also
> possible that the K100D was only distributed during the latest part of that
> time span. In other words, the current market share of the K100D could be
> diluted by a longer time when it was not available.

Hi Dario,

I think you are right.  The table you are referring to (market share by each
model) is for July.  The article is giving following explanation on the
spike of Sony Alpha.

1. It made a real splash considering that it was launched only on 7/21.
However, the figure includes the prebooked quantity.

2. It also shows the usual spike right after the launch (common to most new
model)

3. More females (new entry to DSLR) are buying Sony Alpha than males

I am sure if the same tally was measured for the K100D including the
prebooked quantity, it would have shown the similar spike.

BTW, I believe I recently (last couple of weeks) saw information on the
ranking of the sales quantity of all digicam, P&S and DSLR, and all top 10
were P&S except K100D was listed somewhere in the middle as the only DSLR.
So, it should be doing quite well, and no wonder their factory has been very
busy.

Cheers,

Ken