It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with you John.

I got over the lack of aperture ring very quickly. As a matter of
fact, it was never an issue for me as I own only one lens that doesn't
have an "A" setting, and it lives on my LX. But I can appreciate how
others feel about it being missing.

D-FA lenses those "designed specifically for digital cameras" (quoting
Pentax) which cover the full 35mm frame & have an aperture ring.

IMO there major feature is that they are designed with digital in mind
& also cover the full 35mm frame, as opposed to DA's.

Dave