Read the specification.  It's available on Boz's K mount page,
(http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/).  The only cameras that use the F ring
use it's mechanical properties, but it reports the set f-stop
electronically to the camera body for display purposes.  Try an F/FA
lens off the A position on say a MZ/ZX-5n then try an A lens the same
way. The do a thought experiment after reading the K mount evolution
page on Boz's site, ask yourself how the camera knows to display the
aperture for the F/FA in the viewfinder.

--
Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.

                        --Albert Einstein