On 03/09/06, Adam Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also in-body aperture control is distinctly more fine-grained than the
> aperture control on the lens, from a general use standpoint, given the
> standard 1/3 stop control from the body and the normal 1 stop control
> from the lens (Yes, you can set it in-between the click-stops, and that
> is infinitely variable. I do this myeself on occasion.  This is one
> reason why there is likely no encoder on the aperture ring, as the
> aperture simulator is better equipped to handle infinitely variable
> apertures, being an inherently analog device).

The aperture feedback sensor is and has been a 1/6th stop
stepped/trimmed resistive element since back in the days of the MX.
The following link shows the MX aperture sensor at front, it's a
pretty crap photo but it's the best I have.

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/temp/P6290763.jpg

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA