Shorter optics are bulkier in MF, longer optics are not, and the
deciding point is usually around 200-300mm.  The size exception is where
they neck down to meet the mount (as 35mm mounts are notably smaller).
In fact the 35mm version should be slightly longer in most cases (to
cover the difference in Register).

-Adam