I'm on ADSL/broadband so I can't help you with performance questions.

The layout is nice. The colors you're using for text, borders, etc
are terrible. Red text against middle gray is hard to read and could
be invisible to anyone who is red-green colorblind.

I'm not so fond of having everything have borders, stylistically. I'd
turn borders off.

Godfrey