Hi Vic,

I'm a Muslim photographer, I've paid off most of my photographic gear by
shooting mainly muslim weddings and other functions. There are 4 schools
of though in Islam and depending on which one you belong to would either
forbid all photography or have entire albums full of family pictures.
Its truly funny when the girl's side is from one school and the boys
side from another, then you can only shoot one half of the function.

On the other hand its not just certain sects of muslim's that don't like
photo's, certain cultures used to or maybe still do believe that you can
capture their soul by taking their photograph.

I myself have shot thousands of photo's with very very few photo's taken
of myself. With me its not really a religious issue, I just hate being
in a photograph. And yes if I was in a crowd, and saw someone taking a
pic that I would be in I would stop him or walk away, would that make
you feel that I'm doing because I'm muslim??

Feroze