In a message dated 10/2/2006 8:26:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I've since taken everyone's suggestions to heart and sharpened the
eyes a bit to bring them out.  I also reduced the appearance of the
labret scar.  Sadly, there was no PS tool to raise the height of my
camera in relation to the subject... ;)
=========
BTW, Mike, another thought.

Our instructor (a B&W guy who had done a LOT of photography, and I thought he
was pretty darn good), said take women from slightly above and men from
slightly below. Can't remember if that was from slightly above eye level or top
of
head or what. Probably eye level.

He said it plays into our traditional expectation that men are taller and
women are shorter. I really questioned him about that quite a bit because it
sounded kind of, cough, sort of sexist to me.

But he said if it is reversed it always seems to bother people -- maybe just
on a subconscious level if they don't really consciously it -- because it goes
against expectations. So he's found it's just better to do it that way and
not go against expectations. IE. People aren't bothered. When he put it like
that, I sort of bought it.

Anyway, that may come into play here. Don't know about the eye focus thing, I
didn't look at your photo that hard, but think about the rest.

HTH, Marnie aka Doe :-)