On 10/2/06, Mike Hamilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've since taken everyone's suggestions to heart and sharpened the
> eyes a bit to bring them out.  I also reduced the appearance of the
> labret scar.  Sadly, there was no PS tool to raise the height of my
> camera in relation to the subject... ;)

I generally like it a lot - it's far better than I could do (I'm no
portraitist).  One thing that I thought when I first looked at it is
that the eyes seemed unnaturally sharp, at least compared to the rest
of her face.  I thought I'd look down the thread to see what others
had to say about it, and I now see that you sharpened the eyes.

While I agree that the eyes must be what one focuses on in such
"formal" portraiture, to me this makes it look a tad contrived.  Were
the eyes actually sharp, I'd be saying that I'd prefer an ever so
slightly wider dof than you had.

Keep in mind that I'm really picking at nits here, and that overall
it's a lovely shot of a beautiful woman.

Well done!

cheers,
frank