35mm lenses are typically of higher resolution in terms of lpmm as
compared to MF lenses. However MF still has higher effective resolution
because the increase in negative size is larger than the decrease in
lens resolution. a 25% decrease in lens resolution per mm (pulling a
number out of a hat, based on lens resolution numbers I've seen in the
past) is much less notably when the size of the negative is increased by
75% or more in each dimension. And that's only the case of 645, larger
formats have more notable increases (6x9 for example has more than 100%
increase in both dimensions).

-Adam