From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Shel Belinkoff
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:03 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: RE: The JCO survey

<SIGH>

Not all KM lenses are "perfectly good" on APS-C sensors.  Some work
better
than others.  That said, it's my understanding that in some situations
lenses optimized for the digital camera are the better choice,
regardless
of how well an older equivalent may work with film.   Thus far I have
found
one of the Pentax jewels (K28/3.5) to be less than stellar on the istDS.
little more testing and experience is in order, but it may be one of the
lenses that fits the description.

Unless I'm mistaken, the price of this "missing body part" has escalated
substantially since this thread started - from a few cents to $25.00.
Rampant inflation is upon us.  Blame it on George Bush.

Shel