"Nenad Djurdjevic" writes:
>As far as I know digital technology has no answer to slides.  Does anyone know if
>digital >technology can produce high resolution slides that can be projected?  (and I
>don't mean >via one of those projection TV systems).

Hi, yesterday I was with a lab guy, and he told me that they were offering him to scan
a photo and make a negative.
I didn't think about slides at that time, but I supposed that if you have a digital
image and can "print" it in a negative, you can do it in slide film.
I don't have a technical explanation of how you do this, but he showed me a
restoration of an old photo, the original and the negative of the restored photo.
He told that they print the scanned and retouched image in the film of your choice.
We are talking of very expensive machines, IMO. Perhaps you guys in US have more
information about this.
HTH
Martin