From: Pel Jensen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 11:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: A butchered (AKA "modern") LX

Christian wrote:

> The LX has everything I need!

But thats not what its all about. The fact remains that the LX is out of
production because not enough people were buying them anymore. The camera
was past its selling date. And this is not due to some evil conspiration.
The LX doesn't have what the market now expects in a fine camera. After all,
the LX was sold for nearly 21 years so nobody has any right to complain;
there has been plenty of time to aquire one and the use market is full of
them.
However, many of us (and apparently Pentax as well) think Pentax should take
the LX philosophy to the next step so that its more in tune with
contemporary tastes. Note that this is no threat to current LX owners who
are happy with theirs; an updated LX wont magically transform current LX'es
into modern AF marvels.
How this should be done is of course debatable but enough characteristics of
the LX needs to be preserved so that any follow-up can be recognized as
related to the LX.

Pel