----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Tainter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Well, if Pentax was a company that communicated better with its
> customers, those customers wouldn't have to grope around in the dark so
> much. In the absence of support from the company, we turn to lists such
> as this. Doug, thank you for providing us with this forum.

Huh? Pentax seems to be the best company out there regarding communicating
with their customers. Who else are announcing their cameras and lenses up to
a year before they hit the market? Surely we are not let to grope around in
the dark. Now we even know there will be a body above the K10D quite soon...

> Maybe, just maybe, the market is pushing Pentax into bringing out a
> camera with a 10 mp sensor that will not yield very good images at high
> ISO, or even moderate ISO, thereby in some shooting situations partly or
> wholly canceling the advantage of shake reduction. We just don't know,
> because Pentax won't show us high ISO images. So we grab what's
> available and worry about what we see there.

I just don't get the recent fad where high ISO performance is the holy grail
of photography. Until quite recently hardly anyone shot anything faster than
400ISO and managed quite well...

Pål