On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Markus Maurer wrote:

> Will I be able to use an Pentax AF280T or AF400T  flash in auto mode only on
> the new Pentax digital bodies or should TTL work? The same question for my
> Metz flashes with 372 module...

The story is a bit complicated and I should not get it wrong. However,
Pentax has been gradually dropping TTL in favour of P-TTL; I believe
the K10D will not do TTL and someone may enlighten us about the
K100/110D. Pentax has had the P-TTL-capable but puny AF360FGZ
available for yonks and recently and at last released the much beefier
AF540FGZ (still not available in the UK, BTW). Metz on the other hand
are not releasing a P-TTL module. Auto (the kind that's measured by
the flash) should always work as well as it has always worked with
your flash of choice.

If I was keen to use my flash I would check the camera manual before
buying.

HTH,
Kostas