On 23/01/07, K.Takeshita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just reporting what I learned.  I personally do not make much of it at this
> point.  Pentax would continue to be a unique player in this biz, whether
> Hoya like it or not.

The only problem is that Hoya will strip the components from Pentax
that will bolster it's product range and expertise and eliminate major
competition in one swoop. The jettisoned Pentax would have to survive
on very limited product ranges. None of this should be a surprise to
anyone, it's just business.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA