"Does 10 really beat 6 in the real world?  Your thoughts?"

A resounding "yes!".  I was very happy with my DL, still have it. But the
image smoothness is the first thing that grabbed me. I bought an Epson R1800
printer right after ordering the K10. I enter prints for competition in our
camera club. Quite a few folks noticed that my prints, even at 11x17 and 13
x19, looked really great. They asked which camera I was using. Most were
agahst when I told them Pentax. "I did not know they made dslr's!" Those
prints look better than my Canon (or Nikon) does."
A friend who shoots a D200 has told me several times that the print quality
I get is better than any dslr prints he has seen. Me thinks that maybe he
needs to learn how to print?? :-)

Walt