On Feb 8, 2007, at 6:45 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:

> My home PC is running Win XP SP1. Please don't try to convince me it
> is not good. Now, LR comes and says - I shall run on SP1, but you
> should upgrade to SP2 so that with SP1 you won't get any support from
> my team. Bullshit if you ask me. What on earth makes SP2 so much
> preferable over SP1 for photo editing???

Support/development costs for new software running on operating
system versions that are obsolete make it infeasible to offer full
testing/support for that system configuration, plain and simple. It
has little to do with what is possible functionally, although that
might enter into the picture too depending upon what features
supplied by the OS an application is taking advantage of.

Godfrey