In a message dated 2/11/2007 8:29:12 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Monitor seems to have a  very slight magenta feel to itbut it could be
that i'm looking at colours as  they should be.I was having trouble
keping the unit stuck to the screen, so i  rested my finger on the
back, ever so lightly. It didi slip down a tiny bit,  but never left
the glass. Am i ok  here.?

Dave

==========
Yes, no prob. The stickers don't  matter, just the optical reader (or
whatever one calls it) on the inside in the  middle. As long as the room you
were
doing it in was as completely dark as  possible.

I now have an LCD monitor, but when I was using my CRT (still  have it), I
thought it left me with a slight red cast. It may be my eyes :-),  but the
Adobe
color space seems to have more red in it than I personally like on  screen.
(Sometimes I'd tone it down and sometimes I  wouldn't.)

Interestingly, I am getting the best prints by using NO color  management
(with Adobe or Epson). The prints match my screen most closely, which  is what
want. I use the Epson paper profiles, naturally, and in the advanced  part of
the Epson printing dialog, I choose sRBG as input which matches it to  the
screen input. Ergo, my prints are now coming out closer to the screen than
ever
before. This, BTW, is directly contradictory to what most people will tell
you. But good screen calibration first does help so that the input is as
correct as you can get it -- and getting the gamma right is important. (Waiting
see if G. or someone jumps all over me, but I never liked the look of the
Adobe color space when I was editing photos -- it has always looked too red to
me.)

HTH, Marnie aka Doe  (I have an extremely good color sense  though, I
probably should mention that.)