Yes, the S20 also leaves a lot to be desired when scanning b&w.  Setting
exposure to zero helps, but still not what I would call a good scan.  I've
been trying Vuescan for b&w, and with a lot of trial and error and can
usually get a usable scan, but still nothing to write home about.

Bill, KG4LOV
[EMAIL PROTECTED]