Paul Jones writes:

> I think the worst part about it all is dust on the negs.

 My worst problems come not just from dust but from crap that the lab left on
them.  I keep a small blower-brush beside the workstation to get rid of 99% of
the dust, not just to keep it off my scanned image but also to keep the dust out
of the scanner itself.

> I dont have a good enough printer to make any prints, so i'm not sure how
> well it works in that respect.

 Pretty well I think; a guy at work has one and I've seen some of his prints.

> I also love being able to scan strips of 5 negs at a time.

 It is one of the *very few* scanners around that will scan true panoramas
(Xpan type stuff).  In fact, I think its the only one that will do so at any halfway
decent resolution (my Agfa Arcus 1200 maxes out at 1200dpi and is not very
sharp).

Cheers,

- Dave

David A. Mann, B.E. (Elec)
http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/

"Why is it that if an adult behaves like a child they lock him up,
 while children are allowed to run free on the streets?" -- Garfield