My 2c.
I guess it depends on what one wants (of course. duh.)  But that's what we do so often
in a consumption-driven system -- buy and then think.  Many of us have handed over
hundreds of $ (or whatever currency) for fun alone.

It's consistent with Pentax' design to make the 645 a logical jump from 35mm.  But if
you look @ other 645 systems (Bronica ETR seriescomes to mind), there's not that
relationship to 35mm.  The systems stand alone or (as with Bronica) alongside their
6x6 and 6x7 brethren.  Interchangable backs and finders.  Consistent optical designs.
Consistent feel.

As a consequence, Pentax has a system feel.  The 67 is more like the K bodies and the
645 seems more like the PZ bodies (just a bit bulky).  They're built to be productive
at the expense of some versatility.  (No interchangable finders on the 645.)

So, that gets back to the real issue:  What's the camera for?  Then, what would you be
comfortable holding/using?

Buy the right stuff.  Make a good living.  Have fun.

Collin