From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
John Whittingham
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 5:42 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: RE: Macro Lenses

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:58:01 -0400, J. C. O'Connell wrote
> Regarding working distances, the 50mm f.l.
> ON APS gives much better working distances
> than it did on on 35mm FF format for same
> subject framing. This is because you dont
> have to get as close (or need as high a magnification) to fill the
> frame on APS as you did on FF 35mm.

But you still have to be at the same distance to achieve 1:1 or 1:2 as
the
case may be, fact! Again depends on the subject matter and whether you
require a particular ratio for scientific or technical reasons.

John

----------------------------

The information transmitted is intended only for the person to whom it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If
you have received an email in error please notify Carmel College on
[EMAIL PROTECTED] then delete all copies of it from your systems.

Although Carmel College scans incoming and outgoing emails and email
attachments for viruses we cannot guarantee a communication to be free
of all viruses nor accept any responsibility for viruses.

Although Carmel College monitors incoming and outgoing emails for
inappropriate content, the college cannot be held responsible for the
views or expressions of the author. The views expressed may not
necessarily be those of Carmel College and Carmel College cannot be held
responsible for any loss or injury resulting from the contents of a
message.