Shel wrote:

> I was the original poster, and, although I never said I wanted manual
> advance, it's generally my preference.  Why?  Because it's quieter.

Shel,
The old EOS RT, still one of my favorites among all the cameras that have
passed through my hands, had a nifty feature. If you took a picture and kept
the shutter button pressed down, the camera would wait to wind on until you
let your finger up. This came in handy in quiet circumstances--I would take
a picture, then put the camera behind my back or under a coat and let it
wind.

The RT was a swell camera. Unfortunately it didn't sell like Canon expected
it to, nor to the same market. Too bad it had to "end like that."

--Mike