Hi,

that's what happens with the MX winder too.

I've wondered before why it is that the camera makers don't provide a
switch which lets the photographer decide when to wind the film. I
moaned about this after taking a photo with my Contax RX in a church,
and finding that the winder noise (quiet though it is) made the people
I was photographing aware of my presence. On something like the RX this
could be done with one of the PF settings so that one of the existing
buttons could be overloaded as a winder button. The functionality should
be relatively easy on any electronic camera that has multiple exposure
capability because it obviously already has the shutter mechanism and
the wind-on motor decoupled and under software control.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]