Hey, congrats on the find, Chris!  How much was it?

I can't help with the leaf shutter, since I don't have one (but I do
know that the body should be set to 1/8), but I can help on the
auto/manual switch.  It's spring loaded.  On the 105, it slips over to
manual and then a tap on the top will pop it back to auto.  Maybe the
mechanism that locks it in place has worn down?  It should feel like a
tab is slipping under something when you slide it all the way over to
manual.

> For a big camera it seems very well balanced.  I carried it over my
> shoulder for a while and never even noticed it.  It's not as heavy as I
> expected it to be, but it's definitely got some heft to it.

I think that the P67 has an unfair rep as being scarily heavy.  It isn't
THAT bad, really.  I got one of them Optex neoprene springy straps,
which really helped distribute the weight when over my shoulder.  The
strap included by Pentax is next to useless because it is so thin -- it
feels like it is cutting into your skin.

> What's the 6x7 like to use?  Any fun or interesting stories out there?

It's great!  It's just a big KX, after all.  I have now had two
different people approach me while I was shooting something in order to
tell me that if I want to go anywhere I need a better camera (the one
guy: "Like one of them Hasselblads").  The first one I didn't really
know what to say -- I was at one of Vanessa's hockey games, and really,
a Hasselblad would have been next to useless for hockey action shots.  I
mean, what's the advantage?  The smaller negative?  The more awkward
(for sports) controls?  That fella obviously had no idea what he was
talking about.  The more recent guy I challenged to a shoot-out.  Much
like the guy who came into my lab and dissed my A* 200mm f2.8 ("My
Nikkors will kick that thing's ass all over the place"), he chickened.
(The ass-kicking Nikkor guy even declined my $100 bet.)  In the land of
put up or shut up, they both picked shut up.

I think that the old-school SLR look of the 67 lulls these gearheads
into some kind of sense of false superiority. :)

A more positive anecdote: Vanessa, my fiancee, was explaining to someone
at her school what I do.  He started asking about cameras, and at one
point he said, "You know, the camera I've always wanted is that 120
camera that looks like a great big SLR."  Vanessa says, "The Pentax
67!"  He says, "Yeah, I love that thing!"  She tells him I have one, he
asks if he can come over to see it.

-Aaron