On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Aaron Reynolds wrote:

> Hey, congrats on the find, Chris!  How much was it?

Ok, since everyone's asking... :)  $580 CAN for the body, 150/2.8, 90/2.8
leaf shutter, AE prism finder, folding waist-level finder, and a wood grip
with a coldshoe on top.  That's about $390 US for those who understand
that better.  :)  The 150/2.8 needs some serious repair (the auto/manual
sliding switch is missing and the lens doesn't stop down on the camera),
and I'll have to see if the leaf shutter needs anything, but even with
this I still think it's not too bad.  The body and finders are in great
shape, though the finders could use some new foam.

> I think that the P67 has an unfair rep as being scarily heavy.  It
> isn't THAT bad, really.  I got one of them Optex neoprene springy
> straps, which really helped distribute the weight when over my
> shoulder.  The strap included by Pentax is next to useless because it
> is so thin -- it feels like it is cutting into your skin.

Do you like the Optex one?  It feels pretty flimsy to me, like I could
pull it apart with my bare hands easily enough.  Not sure I want to trust
a 6x7 to it.  :)  Mine came with a Canon strap on it, and its shoulder pad
is large enough.

Thanks for the stories!

chris