On 06/07/07, Ralf R. Radermacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had exactly the same trouble with my DS, two years ago. The German
> Pentax service in Hamburg fixed it in about ten days.

Hi Ralf,

It's good to hear that your DS problem was easily resolved, given some
of your shots VF misalignment would be noticeable. I'm a bit hard on
my local repairers but they have been very bad performers in the past.
Not so much on job quality but their turnaround can be shocking (to
the point where at one stage I had to write to the MD in order that
one of my LX be returned). Unfortunately I suspect that I would get
faster service sending my camera to Hamburg however it's under
warranty so we will see just how long it takes (or if they even agree
that there's a problem).

Cheers,

--
Rob Studdert