From:
"Digital Image Studio"
> On 12/09/2007, Pål Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  After all, they are supposed to look colorful and vibrant. Thats why I shot
>> > them! They are mostly shot under spectacular lighting conditions with very
>> > vibrant colors. Velvia helps as well.
>>
> Whatever you are trying to acheive it's not working, the degree of
> saturation that I'm seeing really detracts from what are otherwise a
> spectacular set of landscape images. They just do not look remotely
> realistic.
I got the impression they're supposed to look like that to give an
accurate rendition of the light.

I believe he's shooting above the Arctic Circle & the sun would always
be at a very low angle with a lot of atmosphere, a la 1/2 hour before
sunset in the mid-latitudes where we're located (me 35 deg north, you ??
deg south?).

It's always the "golden hour" whenever the sun is above the horizon
there. When you get any light at all up there, it's that spectacular,
low angle, warm red sunlight we only see a few evenings a year.