Here's a thought... With an LX plus motor drive etc. costing about as much
as a new MZ-S is it really worth buying the LX?

Why do I ask this? Well... Obviously the MZ-S has much more functionality
overall so it could possibly score against the LX there if you want that
sort of thing. but if you don't you can mount K/M lenses and set the shutter
speed and aperture manually. You then end up with something sort of LX like
to use.  The LX was designed as a "professional" offering and so, apparently
is the MZ-S so they should be of similar build quality etc. However It seems
to be the opinion of this group that the LX needs a CLA quite regularly to
keep it in trim and operable... Hmmm I wonder if the MZ-S will need this
(probably less frequently I would speculate). Then there is the question of
parts availability. I would think that MZ-S parts will be available long
after those for Lx's have dried up. what about this age thing too? For the
same pile of dollars/pounds/yen etc. I would be buying a camera which is
years old (and probably requires a CLA and other stuff before I actually can
use it), as opposed to a brand spanking new item.

Sure the LX has interchangeable viewfinders which the MZ-S doesn't, but it
seems this is a feature not considered desirable enough for modern
offerings. So why should anybody buy an LX, short of liking the retro -
classic look and feel of the body? Or is that the exact point of buying one?

Regards,
/\/\ick... (sort of stirring things up, but genuinely interested... and yes
I'd love an LX!!!)

 __/)   Mick Maguire             |
((((|   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
(\\\\_/)  ICQ: 48609010          |