Yes ... but hyping it they are.  Just because some "technical guru" says
a thing is so does not, in fact, make it so.  Time will tell, not
marketing mavens and technology wizards, regardless of their
credentials.

And, while we're on the subject, most of this discussion has centered
around color.  What about the longevity of B&W ink jet prints compared
to well-processed silver gelatin prints?  It's my understanding that, in
order to make fine quality B&W ink jet prints, special inks are needed,
which, in and of itself is not a bad thing, although, in order to print
good color and good B&W it's been suggested that a printer dedicated to
each is ideal.

Finally, let's talk about paper surfaces.  Is it true that the
longer-lived papers are generally matte finished, and that there are
some problems with glossy papers?

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]