On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Tom Rittenhouse wrote:

> I assume that important images will be transfered to the new media
> technology when necessary. And contrary to what I know someone is
> going to say about who will have the time, that transfer is easily
> automated.

Agreed.  And the nice thing about storage media is that they are always
increasing in size.  It took a long time to transfer information to 60-70
floppy disks, but then Zip disks came out that could hold all of those
files on one 100MB disk.  Now we have CD's that can hold 650MB of data,
not to mention the 1GB+ media out there.  Transferring data will only get
quicker and quicker.  How hard is it really to spend a few hours (or even
an entire day if you have a huge collection) every 20-30 years
transferring your data?  Doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

chris