Adam Maas wrote:
> Flatbeds suck for 35mm unless you go high-end and get ANR inserts. Then
> they are merely adequate.
>
> But they're very popular for scanning 120/220 as dedicated solutions
> cost a lot.

My scanner, a Canon 8400F, is crap for color print film.  The colors are
awful, but I think this is probably due to Canon's horrid software,
rather than the hardware.  Black and white film, 35mm or 120, is easy to
scan.  Slides are a gamble.  Dense slides are difficult at best.  And
some films, as I stated in another reply, are easier to scan than
others.  I have made 8x10 prints from 35mm scans that look fine on a
wall.  They don't hold up so well under a loupe.  120 is most definitely
easier to work with but 35mm isn't impossible.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/