These comparisons are fun.  When I bought my first digital camera I
built a spread sheet that calculated my total cost per shot for both
film and digital.

More or less the same thing, just expressed differently.

Cost per shot on digital continues to decrease with time.  Cost per
shot on film levels off and remains relatively constant.  If you keep
your equipment long enough, digital cost per shot is lower.

By the way, I didn't include the cost of my computer or photoshop.  I
use it for both digital and film.

When computing the cost of film I didn't include the cost of the
plumbing in my darkroom.  It came with the house.

See you later, gs
<http://georgesphotos.net>